A Proof Of Life Post- Yes I Am Still Alive

It has been awhile since I have written. I am still alive.

Tomorrow morning, I am having another set of labs completed to see where I am at with Lyme Disease and any co-infections that may be.  I was supposed to go this past Friday, but I was so exhausted from my week that I was overcome by the temptation of just staying in bed.

It was amazing. No regrets!

I am happy to report that I have been feeling much better based on where I was months ago. I have however,  struggled with allergies and illness this fall. It’s hard to tell if my seasonal allergies turned into a horrible sinus and respiratory infection. I’ve been prone to all of these. Or if I simply caught everything that everyone I come into contact with has had.

Probably both.

It went a little a lot like this.

imageI could have benefited from this device. I discarded any kind of social acceptance and went about my day with Kleenex shoved up my nose. Ugh. I would rather have a migraine and the flu over the sniffles and a cold. I mean that too.

I opted not to seek medical treatment for this and chose to suck it up and suffer through it. I really can’t take antibiotics and expect appropriate results from blood drawn for my labs.  At least that’s how I reasoned it in my head.

I was concerned about two weeks ago that I was either relapsing from what I considered to be recovery or that I may have reinfected. I hadn’t been feeling well and I was starting to experience some intense pain in my bones. It seemed like everything else was functioning normally, but I was in a lot of pain.

I know that I am going to experience lingering symptoms as my body recovers but I opened myself up to some paranoia. Why? Well. During my near 8 mile hike that I was so proud of, I did have a tick on my arm. Even though he wasn’t’ latched on and didn’t live long after he was discovered, I was convinced that I was infested.

Then, a couple of days later, I found a tick on Dingo Lu that was engorged. I wasn’t able to tell what kind it was. I removed it and flushed it down the toilet. The tick that was on my arm was a common dog tick, but it doesn’t matter to me.

In my opinion, those of us that have suffered through Lyme Disease, earned the right to be a bit paranoid about this stuff. With that said, I don’t want to convince myself of things that simply aren’t there.

I still wonder from time to time, especially since I didn’t see it, where the hell the tick that infected me scurried off to? Yikes right?

Anyway, I am still alive. I have had a pretty good month even though I’ve been sick on and off. I will write more about that later. I hope everyone is well, or at least well enough or the same.

Lol- I hope you’re having a good day?


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s